The American Chamber Foundation of the Philippines, Inc. (AmCham Foundation) was founded on December, 1985, and has a counterpart in the U.S., established in 1987, with 501 (c) (3) status to ensure tax deductability for donors in the U.S.
The AmCham Foundation is licensed by the Philippine Department of Social Welfare and Development and accredited by the Philippine Council for NGO Certification (PCNC) as a donee institution to operate community-based program.
To become an institution that encourages and recognizes American business in social responsiveness that contributes to the welfare of Society.
We serves as the socio-civic arm of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines member companies.
The Foundation works with companies to improve the impact of their efforts to advance social and environmental activities.
The Foundation assists companies to maximize the impact of business resources addressing social problems.
To achieve these goals we focus on three areas:
1. Advocacy in corporate social responsibility (CSR)
2. Educational assistance for underprivileged students through scholarship
3. Disaster Response and volunteerism
1. The Advocacy of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – The AmCham Foundation acknowledge the efforts of American Chamber of Commerce members to inspire and encourage member organizations to establish and enhance their own CSR initiatives.
2. Educational Program – Providing educational support to qualified and deserving under privileged students through scholarships We provide the scholars with tuition fees,subsistence allowance, school supplies, project fees. Psycho-Social Development, Group work sessions, Monitoring of School Performance, Home visit/school monitoring, Monthly scholars meeting, Quarterly Parents meeting, Annual Christmas Party and Gift Giving, Scholars Recognition Day.
3. Disaster Response and volunteerism – Providing relief to victims of disasters, such as typhoons, floods, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. In disaster areas we collaborate with sponsor member companies who are generous in giving donations in cash and in-kind.
- CSR Forums – this learning series tackles a designated topic with a presentation and a keynote speaker.
Business and the Big One Quadrant Initiatives CSR Forum
- CSR Awards– every two years, awards of recognition are given to companies whose CSR Programs are outstanding and innovative in categories of Education, Health, Livelihood, Environment and Peace.
- CSR Partnership – AmCham Foundation collaborates with companies in implementing various educational and other projects, in partnership with different NGOs and government agencies nationwide. We provide technical assistance and referrals to address these activities, making sure that they are carried out in a beneficial manner
- CSR Photo Exhibit – The AmCham Foundation invited all ACCP member companies to submit photo entries which document their CSR activities for the year. The photos must focus on one of the five aspects of development, which are Education, Health, Livelihood, Environment and Peace.
Scholars handled by AmCham Foundation Resource Person Board of Trustee Ms. Chit Ventura in Scholars Motivational Training On Values Formation
Mr. Robert Sears was invited to be the scholars Resource Speaker for Financial Management and Savings.
Mr. Ernie Cecilia, President & CEO of EC Business Solutions & Career Center. He discussed on Career Preparedness with the particular topic on The Proper Way and Techniques in Applying a Job addressed to the AmCham foundation Scholars.
Scholars Recognition Day
For Scholars who did an extra-ordinary achievements in his/her school
“Balik Eskwela” – Back to School
An activity that prepares AmCham Foundation scholars for going back to school after summer vacation and gives a Holistic approach towards training them and provide the scholars with school supplies.
Christmas Party and Gift Giving
Funds and in kind donations are solicited during the Christmas Season for the Christmas Party, with gifts distributed to scholars and under-privilege families.
Don Bosco graduates: 20 scholars of S.C. Johnson and 17 Event Scholars of AmCham Foundation
(Technical Vocational Education and Training Center, Makati City).
Disaster Response & Volunteerism
Providing relief to victims of disasters, such as typhoons, floods, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. In disaster areas we collaborate with sponsor member companies who are generous in giving donations in cash and in-kind.
Boats distribution in Tolosa, Tanauan, Palo & Dulag
AmCham Executive Director, Ebb Hinchliffe, Jun Salipsip and Coordinator Lily Balomaga at the AmCham GMLM where Executive Director of AmCham Foundation acknowledged the support of Secretary of PARR, Mr. Panfilo Lacson through his presence during the distribution of boats in Leyte. Witnessed by Mr. Philip Soliven and BOT Mr. Rick McGonegal
Boat distribution in Ormoc City
AmCham Foundation Executive Director Jun Salipsip and Lily Balomaga (assigned Project Coordinator )and American Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Mr. Ebb Hinchliffe received the Recognition Certificates from Congresswoman, Lucy Torres-Gomez for donating fiberglass boats for the recipients of Ormoc, Leyte.
AMCHAM FOUNDATION EVENTS
Yearly Scholar Run
This event was conceptualized to raise funds to support 100 AmCham Foundation Scholars.